Saturday, July 10, 2010

Harrisburg Book Festival


For all those who participated or attended the Harrisburg Book Festival at the Midtown Scholar Bookstore on June 26-27, you may have seen a variety of local writers signing their books. I picked up some great reads there. Fellow Susquehanna writers were there with their books: The Gospel of Matthias Kent, by Mike Silvestri, The Greater Good, by Susan Kelley, and Fever Dreams,by Cate Masters. As I approached a signing table with authors I did not know, a familiar name struck me. Eric Glick. Hmm, now where have I heard that name before. It turns out that Eric once lived in my township and had gone to the same school. I bought his book, The Dog at the Signpost, which turned out to be a truly entertaining book. The story is about a man going through a midlife crisis and runs into situations that alters the way he looks at his life. It is witty, unique and thought provoking. Glick's dry humor popped out on every page. I found myself suddenly laughing out loud at the most unexpected parts. The Dog at the Signpost can be purchased at amazon.com. I highly recommend it.

Next on my reading list is The Gospel of Matthias Kent, by Mike Silvestri. More on this book later.

No comments:

Post a Comment